Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Receiving customer payments

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
tryfanagri
User
User
Sage Version: V10 UK/Europe/Africa

Receiving customer payments

Post by tryfanagri » 11 Nov 2016, 13:06

Hi, hope anyone can help..

We have INSTANT ACCOUNTS PLUS.

when we receive payments for the customer, in the box that opens, the individual invoices are still show, although the account balance has been cleared

Many thanks

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Receiving customer payments

Post by brucedenney » 15 Nov 2016, 16:51

If the account balance has been cleared then enter a customer receipt for 0.00

Match all the payments on account and invoices and credit note showing against each other.

Save it, everything is now matched off.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tryfanagri
User
User

Post by tryfanagri » 17 Nov 2016, 17:21

Hi Bruce, thanks for replying..

After ive received the payment it doesn't clear it out of the "recivmg payments box".. If I try to receive it, the customer account goes to minus that amount.

In the customer lists, I have customer that shows no balance, However, they haven't cleared from the "receiving payments" window

Hope this makes sense..

Thanks once more :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Nov 2016, 12:27

You need to fully pay everything.

If there are payments on account or credit notes you need to pick them up first so they can be matched agains tinvoices/refunds.
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

tryfanagri
User
User

Post by tryfanagri » 18 Nov 2016, 14:41

HI Bruce..

Yes, everything is paid.. the customer balance is zero. Customer activity shows payment received.

The problem is in the receiving payments box. The balances haven't cleared..

Thanks ( apologies for being a pain! :))

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 18 Nov 2016, 16:48

Can you post the amounts outstanding against each transaction. The amounts outstanding should all add up to zero and it should be possible to match them against each other.

tryfanagri
User
User

Post by tryfanagri » 25 Nov 2016, 09:08

Yes, have paid them..

For example..

when I open the customer list, it shows an outstanding balance. If the customer owes money..lets say £50.00

When the customer pays the £50, I open the receiving payments box. That £50 is there, unpaid.

I enter the £50 in the receipt box, and save it. The customer list, now shows zero balance against that customer..which is correct.

However, if I open the receving payments box again..that £50 is still showing...even though it should have gone

Puzzling

Thanks again :)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 28 Nov 2016, 18:05

Did you check data?

tryfanagri
User
User

Post by tryfanagri » 29 Nov 2016, 15:47

No, we haven't..

How do we do that?

( sorry..very much beginner with sage )

:)

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brucedenney » 29 Nov 2016, 17:43