Need more, need help now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - pay-as-you-go support - no contract - tenth of an hour billing - expert help - fast service - no call queues
Need integration?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - with your shipping system - website - invoicing system - crm - cms - manufacturing - order import - back to back orders..
Need a report?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Excel reporting that pulls data from Sage - custom layouts - layouts that change adapt to your brands and/or for drop shipping.
Want web hosting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Your own domain name - email - a shop - wordpress - woo commerce - ticket systems - help desks - forums - portals

Instant Accounts v10 - Cannot Print Financials

Sage 50 general help forum - Free help and support for all general issues
mechanic
User
User
Sage Version: V10 UK/Europe/Africa

Instant Accounts v10 - Cannot Print Financials

Post by mechanic » 06 Apr 2011, 11:03

Running on Windows 7 64 bit

The installation has been working but when trying to preview balance sheet, P&L or other reports I have just started to get an error "C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SAGE\ACCOUNTS\REPORTS\\*PNL.SRT" contains an invalid path

I have seen other entries that refer you to looking at the COMPANY file but this does not have a trailing \ character

The actual path it uses should be built from the reports root and for P&L it should be "C:\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SAGE\ACCOUNTS\REPORTS\FINANCE\PROFIT AND LOSS REPORTS\*PNL.SRT

I have searched registry for the "finance\Profit and loss reports" on another PC and also searched files for the "profit and loss reports" phrase but cannot see where it holds this information

Do you have any suggestions please?

brucedenney
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sage Version: v28 UK/Europe/Africa

Re: Instant Accounts v10 - Cannot Print Financials

Post by brucedenney » 07 Apr 2011, 10:37

You need to un-install and reinstall to run V10.

BUT

Because V10 is not compatible with Windows7 you need to change the location it installs to.

I suggest you install it to C:\sage this should avoid the problem
For just about anything Sage :- Discount subscriptions, pay-as-you-go support, application integration, reports, layouts, linked excel spreadsheets, analysis or any other help making life with sage easier/less time consuming Contact me.

mechanic
User
User
Sage Version: V10 UK/Europe/Africa

Post by mechanic » 08 Apr 2011, 11:04

Hi

Thank you for the response

As everyone was keen to produce the reports I tried copying the reports formats that didn't work from the sub folders in to the main reports folder and it worked so panic over

My searching had led me to understand that v10 wasn't win7 ok and I will try and remember your re-installation suggestion if anything else comes up not working

The curious thing was that the reports had been working fine from the default directories and then the balance sheet failed in the middle of a session and from that point on none of them worked, the person sitting at the PC said "nothing changed"

Mike

brains58
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by brains58 » 25 Oct 2016, 12:23

brucedenney wrote:You need to un-install and reinstall to run V10.

BUT

Because V10 is not compatible with Windows7 you need to change the location it installs to.

I suggest you install it to C:\sage this should avoid the problem

Hello

I have just come across this problem, but could you confirm that when you re install the program I install it to just C:/sage in the active setup wizard under my Company? ie the user guide shows C:/program files/sage/accounts/etc.
thanks

brains58
User
User
Sage Version: Other

Post by brains58 » 25 Oct 2016, 16:16

Sorted it now, moving the folders worked.